Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Lazy day at Big Beach

Since I had dragged Gavin all over Maui yesterday through hours of driving and tortured him with a four-mile hike (he really doesn’t like hiking), I let him decide what to do today, which was mostly just relaxing.  :)  We slept in, hung out at the condo for a bit so he could do some computer work (lame :)  ) and then headed to the nearby Big Beach.

Big Beach.
Yes, it is big.  :)
The weather today wasn’t all that warm, so neither of us felt like getting into the water.  We just read books in the sand instead, and watched the humpback whales off shore again.  One flapped its tail out of the water over and over again, at least a few dozen times!



How I spent most of my time at Big Beach:
wrapped up in two beach towels because I was cold! 
But I took off the towels for a couple photos.  :)
I got brave and waded ankle deep in the chilly water, then a sudden wave
snuck up and soaked the bottom of my skirt.  :)
After our lazy beach day we headed back to Lahaina for dinner.  We tried out the Lahaina Fish Company, where our unimpressive dinner was accompanied by a pretty tasty Lava Flow, a Hawaiian drink that is a piña colada with strawberry puree dumped on top to look like a volcano.

We turned in early, as tomorrow will be another early morning for us; we’re going to SCUBA the nearby Molokini Crater – a nearly-submerged volcano crater with a coral reef all around and in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment