Tuesday, November 13, 2018

More kiteboarding

Today we lounged around the resort until our next session of kiteboarding at 11:30am.  We were both happy to note we hadn’t forgotten everything in our two day absence.  :)  After a quick review, my instructor Katya turned me loose by myself with the kite in the water!  It was much more fun doing body drags without her hanging on behind me, as the kite had more power to pull me!  :)  I got so excited I went WAY too far, and I guess Katya was waving at me to come to shore and I didn’t notice.  :)  I successfully maneuvered around another lesson and avoided getting tangled in their kite, and I also avoided crashing into the swim zone buoys.  :)  I am feeling pretty confident about controlling the kite so far, so Katya introduced me to the board.  I learned how to use the kite to pull me away from shore while also holding the board, and then how to use a power stroke to stand up on the board.  I was able to stand up a couple times, but not actually keep going and actually board.  She’s still hanging on to the back of my harness, so I couldn’t go anywhere anyway.  :)  We ended the lesson there, so I will try one more time tomorrow!

That's me in the helmet, walking the kite to shore with my instructor Katya
behind me.
Me and the kite, Katya carrying the board.
We ate a late lunch at the same Indian restaurant from a few days ago, then came back to the resort to read, rest, jump in the pool, and generally lounge.  We pretty much exhausted all the tourist sites of Mui Ne yesterday, so there is not much to do.  :)

We were still full from lunch, so we looked up a place to have drinks and appetizers on the oecan, and settled on Villa Aria, recommended by Lonely Planet.  The deck overlooking the ocean was lovely, but that’s the only good I can say about the restaurant.  Our appetizers were gross, and our drinks tasted watered down.  The staff completely ignored us - we were one of two people in the restaurant, and we had to go fetch them anytime we wanted something!  Luckily we weren’t super hungry.

Villa Aria.  Lovely place, abysmal food.
We headed back to Cham Villas to turn in.  Tomorrow is our last chance to kiteboard!

Sunset at Cham Villas.
Me at sunset.
Gavin told me to "look wistfully out into the ocean." I was just watching a
kite boarder.  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment