Monday, May 14, 2012

A brilliant sendoff. :)


Today we left for Buenos Aires. This is our third trip there, since Gavin has a conference there every year. But I got such a joyous surprise this morning because I got up, looked outside in my front garden and saw ALL my iris had started blooming! Why is this especially joyous? Because some of them I planted four years ago, and I have NEVER seen them bloom; we have been in Argentina during "iris season" for the last three years, and I have always come home to see the blooms all dried up! The regular iris varieties I planted last year and also have never seen them bloom. But on my last day in the states my front garden is a splash of lavendar, burgundy and ONE white and purple bloom, plus the royal purple and yellow of the Japanese iris, giving me a colorful "Buen trabajo!"

In honor of the burgundy ones blooming on my last day here, I am naming them "Malbec irises" in honor of my favorite red wine, a major staple of the Argentine diet. :)
My lovely irises!
Japanese irises
"Malbec irises" :)
The single, solitary white and purple iris.

No comments:

Post a Comment